Monday, May 21, 2007

Day 29 Batavia, NY to Livingston, NY 121 miles



I rode today on my own. I was the first to leave from breakfast at a Bob Evans restaurant, and in the first group to arrive at the motel at the end of the day. I had a slightly pulled groin muscle, so I loaded with the early group, which enabled me to leave directly from breakfast. Otherwise I would have had to load after breakfast, then leave. It gave me a 15-20 minute head start.

The muscle only hurt if I tried to accelerate quickly, which needs to happen at times when riding in a group. By riding on my own I controlled my acceleration, but was still able to ride fairly fast. I enjoyed riding on my own, at my own pace. I even stopped and took a couple of pictures!

After arriving at the hotel, I had a sub sandwich. After rap, Ken, Dan, Jerry, Bill, Dave, and I went to the Colorado Mining Co for dinner, then stopped at an ice cream place for desert … had a cherry shake.

No comments: