Sunday, May 13, 2007

Day 21 Springfield, IL to Tuscola, IL 77 miles



Today was a very short day … 77 miles. Would have been a snap except it was into the wind. We didn’t start till 9:00 AM … a mother’s day break for Barb. I slept in a bit. Woke up at 5:20, then forced myself to go back to sleep until 6:30. I spent the extra time checking my tires and found several pieces of glass and two wires, one in the front and one in the back. Avoided at least two flats !

Dave, Jerry, Ken, and I left with everyone at 9:00. We struggled a bit with the wind, but kept on going. The ride was uneventful, generally on quiet county roads with little traffic. We passed a Mennonite buggy, but that was about it.

Tuscola has a DQ close by the hotel, so we stopped in before checking in. After mechanics time, where I checked on my chain and tires … will probably change them all in a few days … we ended up going to Subway for dinner, then DQ for desert.

No comments: