Thursday, May 3, 2007

Day 11 Dalhart, TX to Liberal, KS 113 miles



With the time zone change it is still dark when we have breakfast at Hodie’s. Jerry and I are first to the restaurant and are ready to leave well before sunrise. We wait till we get the go ahead, after first light but still a bit before sunrise. It is a good, solid pace all day and the route is straight and slightly downhill, so we make good time, getting to the hotel before 2:00 PM.

After a Subway stop for a post-ride snack, I ride about 10 miles around town and visit the two Bank of America branches in Liberal… I had worn my Bank of America jersey today, so it was a natural.

I took my bike to the Mechanic’s Time to have the bottom bracket checked … just to make sure … and it was doing fine. Then we went to dinner at the Taste of China … it was close (across the street) and all you can eat.

No comments: