Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 10 Tucumari, NM to Dalhart, TX 96 miles



We change time zones again today, but the clock in my room is already an hour ahead. Consequently, I get up earlier than I need to. Oh well. I check out the weather and can see the rain system headed our way, following our path. Looks like Seattle weather! After breakfast at the hotel, we hit the road, rain gear on, dodging light rain. It is an uneventful, relatively short ride (96 miles). We do get really wet a few times. Jerry has two flats; I have my second of the trip right as we pull into the motel. If you have to have a flat, that’s the place to have it!

After getting into dry clothes and situated in my room, we head to DQ. A Cherry Shake and a Dude Chicken Fried Steak sandwich. Pretty good, but I’m saving room for dinner. Then it is time to change my flat, check the tires, and clean the bike.

We have the rap meeting for the next day at 5:00 PM. It looks like its going to be a good day – basically downhill all the way, straight, dry, and with a favorable wind. Mike says just watch out for tumbleweeds. After the rap we head to Hodies for BBQ, then stop at DQ on the way back.

No comments: